Click on the following link for information regarding the posting for the Director of Finance, Marketing & Sponsorships
NYSAAA Distinguished Service to Athletics Award
At the April 25th Athletic Council meeting, Dave Sunkes and Blaine Drescher presented Marisa Jacques with the New York State Athletic Administrators Association's
Distinguished Service to Athletics Award. Marisa's passion and devotion to Section 2 sports is appreciated by parents, coaches and especially the student-athletes. She is
always on the sidelines rain, snow, sun, whatever the weather is. The student-athletes are thrilled when she is covering their game. After the game, they can't wait to
get home and see themselves on Marisa's program. Congratulations and Thanks Marisa
Presentation Photo In the photo with Marisa is Blaine Drescher, the NYSAAA Awards Representative and Ed Dopp, Section 2 Executive Director
Regional Basketball Games - Schedule Update
Sectional Class C basketball update:
NFHS Awards Given to Section 2 Coaches
At the Section 2 Athletic Council meeting on Wednesday, April 25th, several Section 2 Coaches received NFHS Coach of the Year Awards.
Every year the National Federation of High Schools awards State, Section and National Coach of the Year Awards. This year, for the 2016-2017 year NYSPHSAA nominated 22 coaches for these awards. Of the 22, five (5) Section 2 coaches were recipients of the various awards. These are very prestigious awards and all of the Coaches very deserving. Congratulations.
The following is a breakdown of the awards and photo of each of the presentations:
Five (5) Section 2 Coaches received the NFHS State Coach of the Year Award - Certificate
- Doug Luke, Cambridge HS - Football Presentation Photo - In the photo with Doug are Ed Dopp, Section 2 Executive Director and Chris Culnan, Section 2 President
- Gary Holtz, Burnt Hills/Ballston Lake HS - Softball Presentation Photo - In the photo with Gary are Ed Dopp, Chris Culnan and Joe Scalise, BH/BL Athletic Director
- Gary Bynon, Burnt Hills/Ballston Lake HS - Girls Volleyball Presentation Photo - In the photo with Gary are Ed Dopp, Chris Culnan and Joe Scalise.
- Craig Phillips, Fort Plain HS - Baseball Presentation Photo - In the photo with Craig are Ed Dopp, Chris Culnan and Charlie Karker, Ft. Plain Athletic Director
- Thomas Gladd, Voorheesville HS - Boys Golf Presentation Photo - In the photo with Tom are Ed Dopp, Chris Culnan and Joe Sapienza, Voorheesville Athletic Director
Three (3) of these five (5) Coaches also received the NFHS Northeast Section/Region Coach of the Year Award - Certificate. The Northeast Section consists of New York, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and Maine.
- Gary Bynon
- Craig Phillips
- Thomas Gladd
Two (2) of these Coaches also received the NFHS National Coach of the Year Award - Plaque. The Plaques were not available at the time of the meeting and will be given to the coaches at a later date.
- Craig Phillips
- Thomas Gladd
NYSPHSAA Championships Revised Schedules
Due to the weather the following is the revised schedule for various NYSPHSAA Championships. Click on the following link: